Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, while overlapping the story of the original Shin Megami Tensei IV, will focuse on a Hunter cadet protagonist who dies at the hands of the demons who treat Tokyo as their playground. When the mysterious god Dagda resurrects the protagonist in exchange for his fealty, he sends the protagonist down the path on a fine line between peach and anarchy. Is Dagda part of something bigger or is he just some lesser god? Find out when Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse launches on Nintendo 3DS this summer, physically and digitally for CAD$64.99.
Would you like to wield the power of the god Dagda? Well you can’t. But you can pre order Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse and receive and pretty neat pin collection (while supplies last, only at participating retailers). The pins measure at about .75’’ in diameter each and are super shiny.
The plot of SMTIV: Apocalypse does overlap with the original game, but previous experience with the original is not required. The game features:
- Divine Intrigue: Choose between peace or anarchy while being a pawn in the gods’ chess game.
- Combat Partners: It’s dangerous to go alone, take friends. Players will be able to rely upon up to seven partners to hunt demons.
- Oodles of Demons: Tokyo is infested with a series record 450+ demons. Be careful.
- Revamped Demon Fusion: Demons will have affinities for certain skills, so players can better plan the outcome of fusions.
- Classic SMT Combat: Exploit weaknesses, boost attributes, and unlock skill bonuses with the Press Turn and Smirking systems.