The first post-release character for Street Fighter V is available starting today. Making his first appearance in 1997’s Street Fighter III, Alex has found his place in fan’s hearts and will now be joining the Street Fighter V lineup. Beginning today Alex will be available to take to the ring for all Street Fighter V players on PS4 and PC.
As well as the Street Fighter V debut of Alex, the In-Game Shop for Fight Money (the game’s earned currency) will also be available starting today. In the shop you can spend your hard-earned Fight Money on extra game content like new characters (that will cost 100,000 FM each), and Story Mode Costumes (at 40,000 FM each). Guile, Ibuki, Balrog, Juri, and Urien will be available later this year, each with a Story Mode costume to be purchased with Fight Money.
Since the In-Game Shop for real currency (or Zenny) is not available at this time, Capcom will be offering Alex as a free trial period to all players up until the launch of the Zenny Shop. This also applies to upcoming DLC character that launches before the Zenny shop is made available.
Earlier this week, the following updates and enhancements were made available to Street Fighter V players:
- Challenge Mode: Learn from demonstrations and tutorial with content for each of the 16 characters. Put your skills to the test with combo trials for all 16 fighters, from basic to pro combos. Earn additional Fight Money by completing trials.
- Online Rematch Option: Players hungry for revenge can now play 2/3 sets in Ranked Match when both players accept the rematch.
- Improvements to the Battle Lounge
- Enjoy up to 8 person lobbies with match spectating
- In addition to all of the above, multiple bug fixes and improvements have been implemented in game
Lastly, Capcom will be making Ryu and Chun-Li’s Story Mode costumes available for free to all players for free starting today as a thank you for continuous support. These costumes would have run players 80,000 FM which is almost as much as a brand new character. Savings! Capcom is planning on releasing a content on a steady schedule throughout the rest of the year.
Check out the trailer here: